Weak password hashing (DSS) detected.
- Rule ID: ruby_lang_weak_password_hash_dss
- Languages: ruby
- Source: weak_password_hash_dss.yml
A weak hashing library can lead to data breaches and greater security risk.
According to OWASP, DSS is considered a weak hash algorithm and therefore shouldn't be used.
✅ Use a recommended hashing library such as bcrypt or Argon2id for passwords
hasher = Argon2::Password.new()
- CWE-331: Insufficient Entropy
- CWE-328: Use of Weak Hash
- CWE-916: Use of Password Hash With Insufficient Computational Effort
OWASP Top 10
To skip this rule during a scan, use the following flag
bearer scan /path/to/your-project/ --skip-rule=ruby_lang_weak_password_hash_dss
To run only this rule during a scan, use the following flag
bearer scan /path/to/your-project/ --only-rule=ruby_lang_weak_password_hash_dss
Ready to take the next step? Learn more about Bearer Cloud.